Like most rescues, all of our dogs live in foster homes and are unable to be met at the adoption center on a walk-in basis. One-on-one meetings will be scheduled once an adoption application for a particular dog is submitted and approved. To meet any of our adoptable dogs without submitting an application, please attend one of our adoption events, but note that these events are rare, not all dogs attend all events, and your potential adoption will progress much more quickly once you’ve identified a dog of interest and submitted an application.
Check our calendar of events for event times and locations!
- 1 dog = $325
- 1 puppy (up to 1 year old) = $350
Adoption Fee Includes:
- Spay or neuter
- Heartworm testing (and treatment if needed)*
- Parasite treatment
- Microchip and microchip registration fee
- Martingale collar
Worth over $500 of veterinary care!
**WE ARE LOCATED IN RALEIGH, NORTH CAROLINA**
- Thank you for your interest in adopting a dog from Second Chance Pet Adoptions. Please understand that our dogs have all come to us either as a stray or an abandoned dog. They are now in need of a life-long loving family. If you are not able to make the commitment for the rest of their lives, please consider filling out a foster application instead.
- If you are prepared to receive the love and affection of a new dog, please complete the application below. Please note that you must be 21 to adopt.
- Any incomplete applications will not be processed.
- Please ensure you receive a confirmation email after submitting your application. If you did not, your application was likely not submitted successfully and you may need to resubmit. If you are unsure if your application has come through, or would like an update on your application status, please email email@example.com.
- Once we have your application, you will hear back from us within 5 business days. Contact will be made by either phone or email. Be sure to check your voicemail and email daily. Once we have contacted you, you will have 24 hours to reply.
- The adoption fee is a total of $325 for a dog older than a year and $350 for a dog under one year [cash, check, or credit card]