With just 10 days left until Racing for Rescues, we’re bringing back the mini-challenge: a week-long burst of fundraising for cats and dogs who need a second chance. In addition to the overall fundraising awards, the mini-challenge awards will be handed out at the 5K race/fun walk on May 1. (Can’t join us or need to leave early? That’s OK! We have a virtual event for remote participants, and even in-person participants needn’t be present to win.)
Ready? Here are the details for the challenge, which runs from April 22 to April 28 (ending 11:59 p.m. Eastern on April 28):
- The fundraiser who receives the highest number of gifts$20.00 or more April 22-28 (NOT the largest amount of funds, but the largest number of individual gifts) will win a $25 Starbucks gift card AND a Chuy’s Tex-Mex restaurant gift card for dinner for two!
- All fundraisers who receive at least 5 gifts of $20 or more April 22-28 will be entered to win (in a random drawing) two FREE registrations (shirts included) for next year’s Racing for Rescues event!
And YES! These prizes are in addition to our other fundraising prizes up for grabs (three $50 Target gift cards, one $250 Diamonds Direct gift card, and free 2023 Racing for Rescues registrations/shirts). Learn more about those prizes and how to win them by clicking HERE and scrolling down to the fundraising prizes section.
The Fine Print:
- Eligible contributions must be made directly to your fundraising page or must be in the form of a check or cash with an indication that the money is for your fundraiser.
- Eligible contributions include gifts of $20.00 or more per donor, and the donor cannot be you if it is for your fundraiser (you are, however, welcome to donate to someone else’s fundraiser and have your gift count towards their total). For example, if two of your neighbors donate $20 each to your fundraiser, both will count for the challenge; if your mother donates $20 three times, only one gift will count for the challenge; if you donate $20 to your own fundraiser, the gift will not count for the challenge; if you donate $40 to another fundraiser, that gift will count as one contribution for them.
- All online donations must be received by 11:59 p.m. Eastern on Thursday, April 28. All checks and cash must be received by Second Chance (address below) by 5:00 p.m. Eastern on Friday, April 29. You’re welcome to add these funds as an offline donation if you have a JustGiving page so your total is accurate, but the checks/cash must be received by our organization to count towards the competition.
- If you haven’t already taken this step, register to run or walk in-person or remotely and select the option for “Yes, I would like to help raise more money for animals in need!” when asked about fundraising.
- We’ll email you all the info you need to create your fundraiser, or if you’d like to set up right away, you can create a Facebook or JustGiving fundraiser. While you don’t have to edit your page from its pre-set defaults to begin receiving donations, sharing your story–and photos–with your family, friends, neighbors, and coworkers will get them to donate more!
- Ask others to support you. You can share your fundraiser’s link with everyone you know! You can email or text the link or post it on your social media pages.