The 2019 Racing for Rescues Mini-Challenge is Happening NOW!
With less than 2 weeks left until Racing for Rescues, we bring back the 10-day mini-challenge from April 23 to May 2: a burst of fundraising for cats and dogs who need a second chance like Mikey, the husky puppy above, was given this spring. As an addition to the overall fundraising awards, the mini-challenge awards will be handed out at the 5K race / fun walk on May 5. (Can’t join us? We’ll miss you, but you need not be present to win.)
Ready? Here are the details:
- All fundraisers who receive at least 5 gifts of $20.00 or more will be entered to win (in a random drawing) 2 FREE registrations for next year’s Racing for Rescues plus a Second Chance hoodie and Second Chance coffee mug!
- The individual fundraiser (not a team leader) who receives the highest number of gifts $20.00 or more (NOT the largest amount of funds, but the largest number of individual gifts) will win 4 FREE registrations for next year’s Racing for Rescues plus a Second Chance hoodie and Second Chance coffee mug!
- The fundraising team who receives the highest number of gifts $20.00 or more (NOT the largest amount of funds, but the largest number of individual gifts) will win 1 FREE registration per team member for next year’s Racing for Rescues plus one Second Chance coffee mug per team member!
- The donor who gives the largest gift to an individual, team, or the event itself will receive a Second Chance hoodie, a Second Chance coffee mug, and either (donor’s choice) 4 FREE registrations for next year’s Racing for Rescues or a FREE “Partners for Paws” sponsorship for the 2019 Evening of Pawsibilities (2 event tickets, 4 drink tickets, and your name on the event webpage and in the event program)!
And YES, these prizes are in addition to the prizes (Bulls tickets, restaurant gift cards, an ice cream party, and more) for our overall highest fundraiser (individual), highest fundraising team, and random drawing among all fundraisers who raise $35 or more! Learn more about those prizes and how to win them by clicking HERE.
The average-sized fine print:
- Eligible contributions must be made directly to your individual page (if you are not a team leader) or your team page (if you lead a team).
- Eligible contributions include gifts of $20.00 or more per donor, and the donor cannot be you if it is in your name or your team’s name (you are, however, welcome to donate to someone you know on another team). For example, if two of your neighbors donate $20 each to your page/team, both will count for the challenge; if your mother donates $20 three times, only one gift will count for the challenge; if you donate $20 to your own page or your own team, the gift will not count for the challenge; if you donate $40 to another team, that gift will count as one.
- All online donations must be received by 11:59 p.m. Eastern on Thursday, May 2. All checks and cash given in your honor must be received by Second Chance (address below) by 5:00 p.m. Eastern on Thursday, May 2 with a note as to which fundraiser or team the donation is for. We will manually apply the donations received in your name or in your team’s name to your fundraising page for you before the challenge ends.
- If you haven’t already taken this step, register to run or walk and select the option for “Yes, create a page” when asked about fundraising. Then, follow the directions (including the link you receive via email) to set up your individual or team page. (If you have already registered but don’t yet have a page, you can set one up any time by clicking HERE.) While you don’t have to edit your page from its pre-set defaults to begin receiving donations, sharing your story–and photos–with your family, friends, neighbors, and coworkers will get them to donate more!
- Ask others to support you. You can share your fundraising page with everyone you know! You can email the link or copy and paste it to your social media followers. Be sure to tell them about the prize they can win!
- Check your progress. As the challenge goes on, you can keep an eye on all your competitors via THIS LINK. If another fundraiser or team is edging ahead of you, see Step 2 and repeat! 😉